Maybe a Water Key ?


Bro, what you need is permission. The person or organization that owns that connection also has the key to operate it.

Also, fysa, we have these all over the place I work, and they are connected to the sprinkler system. So you do not want the water that comes out of them. Generally they use these types of connections when they don’t want the average joe to have access. Usually for a good reason, since they are much more expensive than a standard bib.


Normally something is locked for a reason


There’s a gadget you can get on Amazon or at Camping World called a “water bandit”. It’s a stretchy rubber sleeve that fits over a non-threaded water spigot like the one pictured, and lets you attach a standard threaded hose to fill up your water tank.


Four way water key is the correct answer. However, one of these works also and can be for other tasks as well. I keep one in my truck.

6-Piece Folding Nut Driver Set SAE


Looks like a city hook up! Only city employees can use and ask maybe


I dont know about that knob to the right, but the other side is a standard sillcock. Just need a square key to turn the valve.

Source: What do I need to buy to be able to connect to and turn on a spigot like this, to fill my fresh water tank when boondocking?

How to Winterize Your RV eBook

FREE eBook...
'How to Winterize Your RV'

Your Guide for RV Winter Living & Storage.

Valuable Tips & Info help you prepare for cold weather. Includes winterization instructions for full-time or part-time winter RV living.

It's FREE and there's no obligation...
Download your copy today.

Thank You! You will be redirected to the eBook download page shortly... After you've had a read through, please let us know what you think about the 'How to Winterize Your RV' eBook.